Sunday, August 16, 2009

Destruction of the Innocent Raingutter

So, we get home and I decide that I want to back the camper trailer into our driveway so it will be easier to unload. My wife (Teri) gets out to guide me back so I don't hit anything. So, she starts guiding me back, you know, with the little hand gesture that we all use so expertly. All of the sudden her hands start flayling about and then cover her mouth as she looks up at the back end of the trailer. I pull forward a few feet and come around to look. The trailer hit the roof of my house! She turns to me and says something like "You hit the house..." I am thinking "Isn't that what you are supposed to be helping me avoid?"

She explains to me that she was watching the fence and our garbage can and didn't realize that I was about to hit the roof. My rain gutter is destroyed, but don't worry because the garbage can was saved. My garbage man will be thrilled....in fact I mean to leave him a note about the situation so he can fully appreciate that his friend was not harmed.

I've always said that my wife is a strawberry blonde.....sometimes I wonder which side is more dominant.....

If you have read all of this, then you have filled your quota for the day....go take a break, drink a soda....and don't forget to hug your garbageman..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment